This collection contains 134 different gravel textures and – as an industry first – gravel as real 3D geometry. Along with the included 257 stone textures, this opens up a near-endless variety of different gravel styles.
Next to 3D people and vegetation, rendering realistic gravel is one of the last remaining challenges when it comes to architectural visualization. Most 3D artists try to avoid graveled surfaces wherever possible. But gravel is a very important building material and cannot always be avoided – nor should it be. Its role in architecture, landscaping and even interior design will let this challenge persist. Fortunately, technology has now caught up with the problem. With this texture collection we are attempting to close this particular gap between the imagination of the client and what you as a 3D artist can deliver.
The product consists of the following three major parts:
This product contains a total of 134 gravel textures, based on 15 different gravel styles. Each texture consists of diffuse, bump, normal, displacement and reflectivity maps, as well as a number of special maps that will help you to modify the gravel textures or to create entirely new textures. Also included are ready-to-use material setups for 3DS Max™ and MaxwellRender™.
As a first on the market, we offer gravel ‘textures’ in form of real 3D geometry. This product contains gravel meshes based on 15 different gravel styles in sizes of 4m² and 16m². All meshes are provided in .max format (compatible with 3DS Max™ 2010+), as well as .obj format (compatible with many other applications).
Meant to be used with the 3D gravel meshes, this product also contains especially optimized stone textures in 257 different styles and colors, based on 94 distinct sets. Each texture set consists of diffuse, bump, normal, as well as reflectivity maps. As with the gravel textures, we also provide ready-to-use material setups for 3DS Max™ (2010+) and MaxwellRender™ (2.x).
- approx. 24 GB on 6 DVD
- Gravel textures:
- 15 lossless compressed base textures (PNG format; 4096px x 4096px; 219 maps)
- 134 high-quality compressed variation textures (JPEG format; 4096px x 4096px; 1290 maps)
- Material settings for 3DS Max™ 2010+ (45 .mat files)
- Material settings for MaxwellRender™ 2.x; ‘dry’ and ‘wet’ versions (1608 .mxm files)
- Gravel meshes:
- 3D gravel meshes, compatible with 3DS Max™ 2010+ (30 .max files)
- 3D gravel meshes in OBJ format, compatible with many other applications (30 .obj files; download-only)
- Stone textures:
- 257 lossless compressed stone textures (PNG format; 4096px x 4096px; 541 maps)
- Material settings for 3DS Max™ 2010+ (15 .mat files)
- Material settings for MaxwellRender™ 2.x; ‘dry’ and ‘wet’ versions (518 .mxm files)